Greetings, hair enthusiasts, and happy Summer 2021! What a perfect time to show off your stunning new summer hair color by the pool, beach, or backyard party.
Spornette is at the heart of every style, and no hair color is complete without a brush from Spornette. Have a good hair day EVERY day with your new fashion color and a high-quality hairbrush from Spornette.
Stunning Summer Hair Colors
The often-used saying that “blondes have more fun” is outdated and simply NOT accurate.
Just ask the Kardashians.
And speaking of celebrities, check out which hair trend your favorite celebrity is sporting for ideas! Also, be sure to factor in your skin tone when choosing a new hair color.
#1. Jet Black Hair
If you want a more sultry look, embracing the dark side is the way to go.
Add some desirable dimension with subtle highlights, lowlights, or clear or tinted hair gloss. Extra shine will keep your locks looking healthy and glamorous. To maintain shiny hair on a daily basis, reach for the Deville 100% Boar Cushion Brush from Spornette. Boar bristles distribute the hair’s natural oils to add gorgeous luster and shine.
If your hair’s on the thicker side, reach for the Classic German Porcupine cushion brush instead. The extended nylon bristles will help to penetrate thick hair, while the boar bristles add a lustrous shine!
Tired of the highlighted look and want to go solid bold? Choose a monochromatic look for your black hair! Black is one of the hottest summer hair colors this year!
Note: If your hair isn’t naturally dark or jet black, it’s time to call a professional! Especially if your natural color is lighter. Check with your salon, as getting to a true black can be tricky and might not suit your skin tone.
#2. Brunette Hair
Avoid falling into the hair trap that says you need a vibrant shade to stand out.
Your dark chocolate hair is just as stunning as any brighter hue.
If you’re tired of your one-toned, overall color, fear not! Adding cool-toned or chocolate brown lights on brunette hair will add stunning dimension while still looking natural.
If your hair is natural brown, you can opt for a low-maintenance style with a soft blonde ombre using the balayage technique. With no harsh lines, you’ll get to keep your natural brunette hair and can ditch the blonde with a haircut during the cooler months.
If you’re a natural blonde and want to try something a bit darker, ash brown could be your new shade! Ash brown hair looks incredible with a tan. Use a little sea salt spray and a Spornette teasing brush to create a tousled, messy look that screams, “I live by the beach!”
#3. Red Hair
Red hair will be the reigning queen this summer.
Red hair is a powerful and stylish statement, and if you haven’t been blessed with naturally red hair? No problem. This coveted look is only an appointment away.
Whether you want a warm, vibrant, dark, or bright shade of red, your look will be unique and desirable.
Ask your stylist about sporting red hair with highlights, a stunning red hair balayage, or an all-over cinnamon shade.
Adding red or copper highlights into your existing color is on-trend as well. Be bold! Be brave.
Then watch as envious eyes follow you across the room. Don’t be surprised when someone interrupts you and your glass of French rosé to inquire, “who does your hair?!”
#4. Blonde Hair
The sky’s the limit with your blonde, strawberry blonde, honey, or sun-kissed hair. Whether a natural or salon blonde, your blonde shades are the perfect palette for experimentation.
Platinum, highlights, lowlights, an eye-catching balayage, and much, much more are at your command. With so many avenues, looking at images online or in magazines is an excellent idea before heading to the salon.
- Blonde: Lighten your look with an overall color to compliment your skin tone. Or add highlights and lowlights for extra dimension and create the wow factor.
- Strawberry Blonde: Consider amping up your look with some reddish streaks of color. It’s a tremendous on-trend summer hair color that adds dimension to your light hair and warmth to your face.
- Honey Tones: This rich combination of dark and warm tones integrated into blonde hair gets its name from honey bees. This beautiful hair color combo compliments most skin tones.
- Buttercream: This yummy and soft look will set you apart from other blondes. Rich and creamy, like frosting, your hair will look downright edible!
#5. Funky Colors
Adding a funky color to your locks is a fun technique, wildly popular, and highly customizable. “Unicorn Hair” is very popular and created by layering stunning pastel colors such as:
- Soft pink
- Orange and lemon sherbert
- Metallics such as silver or rose gold
Other unique color options include:
- Colorful Roots: Adding color to your roots is a fun and vibrant way to add unexpected contrast to your look.
- Electrifying Color: Teal, blues, purples, sherbert tones, bright orange, and mermaid green are exciting ways to create a bold and unique look. Think Billie Eilish!
- White Hair: This wintry look is enough to cool anyone down on a hot day. Grab a high-quality purple shampoo and conditioner to ensure the longevity of your color.
As with ANY summer hair color, sun, salt water, and pool chemicals aren’t your hair’s best friend. Be sure to read up on how to protect your hair this season.
Brush With Success
Proper and regular brushing is essential for healthy hair, whether colored or natural! Spornette knows this and has been in the hairbrush business for over 60 years. Spornette has the perfect brush for your needs.
Visit us today for your hair care needs, or purchase a gift card for someone in your life whose hair is their crowning glory!