Hair accessories are a great way to change the look of any outfit. These accessories can either dress up or dress down your look. One of the hottest hair trends right now is completing your outfit with a hair scarf.
Fashion repeats itself, and hair scarves are definitely not a new invention. While they aren’t new, they might be new to you. You might find yourself wondering how to incorporate a hair scarf into your wardrobe.
The best pairing for any hair accessory is a Spornette styling brush. Spornette hairbrushes make styling nearly effortless. These brushes are designed to do the work for you and help to guarantee your hair looks amazing every single day!
So grab your favorite Spornette hairbrushes and a stunning hair scarf and try a new look! Here are three ways to wear a hair scarf in 2021.
Three Ways to Style Hair Scarves
If you’re wondering how to tie a hair scarf, you’re in the right place! Take a look at these simple and elegant options. Try them out and see which one looks best on you!
1. Sleek Ponytail
One of the easiest ways to wear a hair scarf is by wrapping it around your ponytail. You can change the look by tying the hair scarf into a sweet bow. Or let the sides hang down for a more casual style.
Here are some simple steps for creating this look:
- Gently brush out your hair with a Spornette Classic Cushion Brush.
- Use the brush to slick back straight hair into a smooth ponytail. The boar bristles on this brush make getting a sleek and shiny style so easy!
- Secure your ponytail with a hair tie.
- Use hair pins to pin up any unwanted baby hairs at the nape of your neck.
- For an all-day hold, gently spray an aerosol hair spray to keep your pony locked in.
- Wrap your hair scarf around the hair elastic. You may want to do it a few times, depending on how long your scarf is. Secure your pony with some bobby pins, and you’re ready to go!
Try this look with a half-up ponytail for another fun, playful look!
2. The Modern Rosie the Riveter
This iconic style isn’t just for when you’re doing DIY projects at home.
You can rock this hair scarf style with any outfit you choose. This hairstyle is perfect for any hair type. You can use a Spornette round brush to give yourself a bouncy blowout or rock your natural texture.
To get this look:
- Fold your hair scarf over itself to make it into a long strip about an inch and a half wide. A square scarf is ideal.
- Part your hair wherever is most comfortable for you, using the pointed end of a Spornette Little Wonder Teasing brush.
- Place the folded hair scarf at the back of your neck under your hair. Then bring the ends together at the top of your head.
- Tie the two ends together to form a classic Rosie the Riveter look.
- Secure the scarf with hair clips or pins so that they are hidden under the hair scarf.
You can also try this look with your hair pulled back into a bun or ponytail for days when you want your hair totally out of your face!
3. The Tuck
This hair scarf style is chic and effortless.
- Begin by folding your scarf just like in style two. Softly detangle your tresses with the Spornette Swizzle Detangling Brush.
- Use a clear hair elastic and wrap it around the ends of your hair.
- Stick the hair scarf into the elastic hair tie with the ends hanging out and equally on both sides.
- Gently roll the hair in the hair scarf, head upwards towards the top of your head.
- Tie the two ends together on the top of your head.
- Finish up by tucking any loose ends into the scarf and secure with hairpins where necessary.
What Hair Scarf Will Look Best?
When choosing a hair scarf, try and pair it with your outfit and coloring. Here are some tips for choosing what color accessory you should wear.
According to Fashionisers, those with blonde colored hair look amazing in several colors. Try brown, red, mustard yellow, pinks, blues, soft gray, jewel tones, or classic black and white. The color of your hair scarf will depend on what shade of blonde you have.
Warm tones are a brunette’s best friend! Reds, oranges, yellows, and warm pinks look stunning when paired with brunette hair. Natural shades of green like sage or olive also look stunning on those with brown hair.
Shades of Black:
Raven-haired beauties look incredible in silk scarves with bright pops of red, jewel tones, and rich berry tones. Avoid solid black hair scarves as they will just blend in with your tresses. If you’re reaching for a black accessory, try one with a pattern to make sure it stands out!
A beautiful shade for redheads to wear is navy blue. Black, tan, and ivory are also classic and beautiful shades for hair scarves on redheads.
Fashion Hair Colors:
If you have a fashion hair color, you probably like to stand out!
A neutral shade for a hair scarf is always safe, but for even more color, try choosing a hair scarf in a complementary color of whatever hair color you have. Use the color wheel and choose the color directly opposite of your strands for a gorgeous pairing!
It’s Really Up to You!
The truth is, fashion and style are totally personal. There are no hard rules, and you should wear whatever you like!
Hair Scarves and Spornette
Hair scarves are a fun way to spice up your look for any season. When you try out these hairstyles, make sure you’re using your Spornette hair brushes. Spornette brushes are dependable. You can count on them to help you create beautiful styles every time.
Shop the Spornette website now for your new favorite hairbrush. Happy styling!