If you have long hair, you know it can be a blessing and a curse. Hair looks stunning when you have time to curl and perfect your locks, but it is a time-consuming mission. Some days you want to know how to do easy hairstyles for long hair.
If you have long locks, then you need solid brushes with tremendous hold-up that can work miracles through your hair. Check out Spornette’s unique salon-quality brushes that are guaranteed to transform your hair into a style you adore. These brushes can be used on any hair, wet or dry, long or short, curly hair, or straight hair.
On those days when you need to put your hair in a quick and effortless style, we have your back!
How Do I Perfect The Messy Bun?
The messy bun is a classic. Not only is it super easy, but it also looks like you spent lots of time getting ready for the day! It is every girl’s dream style and an easy hairstyle for long hair.
For a fantastic messy bun, you need:
- Hair (the longer, the better!)
- An elastic
- Dry Shampoo
- A Detangling Brush
The first step is to brush out your hair with a detangling brush. We recommend the “9300” Vent Brush by Spornette. This brush is lovely because it can smooth and detangle even the wildest, most challenging hair.
Once your hair is thoroughly brushed, follow these steps:
- Apply dry shampoo at the roots. Work it in with your fingers. The texture from the dry shampoo will make your hair fluffy and easy to style.
- Pull your hair into a high pony. Wrap your elastic around one time.
- Start bringing your hair through the elastic as though to tighten your ponytail. Stop at about half the length of your tail, creating a top knot.
- Twist the wild ends of your pony up and around your bun. Pin in place with bobbies.
- Fan the looped portion of your bun to smooth out the look.
What Should I Know About a French Braid?
A solid french braid takes practice, but some tricks can make this an easy hairstyle to do with long hair:
- Brush your hair well using a detangler. Spornette has a Luxury Cushion Brush ideal for all hair textures: wavy, straight, curly, thick, thin, and everything in between.
- After your hair is brushed, apply a light styling cream or mousse before braiding to help hold the style.
- You do not need to start a french braid high on the head, even with long hair. Right above the ear-lobes, at the back middle of the head is perfect!
- When you braid, keep it tight and centered down the head.
Tease out a few strands with the point of a comb for a loose look. Don’t worry too much about perfection as a messy french braided look is super trendy!
Know More About the Right Tools for Your Braid and Updo Services.
Any Advice on How To Do a Top Knot for Long Hair?
A top knot is another style that may not take much effort but can look striking. The secret is creating volume through backcombing.
- First, you want to comb your hair into a ponytail and secure.
- Then, backcomb your hair using a teasing brush. The Little Wonder Teasing Brush by Spornette is a fabulous choice. The boars and bristles give you complete control when backcombing.
- Once you have backcombed, smooth the top of the ponytail.
- Wrap your hair into a bun, leaving some strands to wrap around the base. Secure the bun in place with bobby pins and hairspray.
Are Fishtail Braids An Easy Hairstyle for Long Hair?
Fishtail braids are simple and stylish. A regular fishtail braid is a super easy hairstyle for long hair, and very cute as a single or double braid look.
For a fishtail braid, you are going to proceed similar to a french braid:
- Brush, detangle, apply a styling cream or foam.
- Divide your hair into two even sections. Hold a section in each hand like a pole.
- Take a small portion of the left section and transfer it to the right section. Tug on the two sections to tighten.
- Do the same on the right side, taking a small portion, pulling gently to tighten, and adding it to the left section. Keep alternating sides until you are at the end of your hair.
- Secure with a clear hair tie to make it look boho!
To create a tousled look, simply rub the braid between your hands. Finish off with a quick spritz of spray, and voila!
How Do I Perfect the Hun bun?
The hun bun (a messy half-bun) is a look that can go straight from casual to a night on the town.
It does take more work than a basic pony, but less than curling and styling your whole head. Here’s how to this cute bun hairstyle:
- Create the look by pulling the top half of your hair up into a ponytail and loop loosely.
- Wrap a few strands around the loop and pin.
- Leave the rest of your hair down.
- Play with the looped pony and form into a bun if you desire, securing with bobby pins.
- Curl the rest of your hair into long, loose waves. Finish off with hairspray, and you are good to go!
Keep reading: How to do Perfect Pin Curls
How Can I Best Use Scarves and Ribbons in an Easy Hairstyle for Long Hair?
There are several ways to use scarves and ribbons with long hair. It is one of the best things about having long hair; you get to do fun styles with accessories!
Tie one end of a scarf around your low ponytail. Then braid the scarf into your hair to create a gorgeous style that is impressive and easy to do.
Use a scarf or a bandana and tie it around your pony for a pop of color. Gently backcomb the hair of your ponytail to make it voluminous and playful. This is one of the easiest hairstyles for long hair.
Headscarves are another creative option for adding a feminine twist. Wrap a styled headscarf around the top of your head and let the lower half hang free. This is a perfect style for second-day hair.
Shop Spornette for Expert Tools So You Can Perfect Any Hairstyle for Long Hair
Now that you are an expert in easy do’s, visit the Spornette website for various brushes for any hair texture. With the right tools and techniques, you can complete an easy hairstyle every day of the week!